Certificates of Criminal Record are issued to:

The following residents or ex-residents of Chiba Prefecture who are requested to submit a certificate of criminal record by a foreign government agency such as an embassy.

  • Residents currently registered in Chiba Prefecture
  • Ex-residents of Chiba Prefecture who have moved out to a foreign country with their last registered residence in Chiba Prefecture

You must apply in person as your fingerprint will be taken.

We recommend that you make inquiries regarding your application beforehand as we may not immediately accept your application depending on the reasons for application or on the nations requesting a certificate of your criminal record.