|Place of Application
||Chiba and Nagareyama Driver's License Centers
- Monday through Friday
from 9:00 to 16:00
- from 9:00 to 16:00
- Application Form
- A photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm portrait, full frontal view of the face without a head covering taken against a plain background within last six months)
- Japanese Driver's License
- Any of the following documents to prove that the applicant is going
- Passport or the Receipt for the Passport,
- Seaman's Pass or Notice of Boarding,
- Copy of Request for the Issue of the Official Passport
- Certificate of the Official Trip issued by the chief of a governmental agency, or
- Certificate issued by a travel agency, etc.
- International driving permit obtained last time if you haven’t returned it to the authorities.
||One year from the day of issuance
(*It is rendered invalid when your Japanese license expires or is cancelled.)
||The contracting states to the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic.
*Not valid in Japan
|Permit must be returned
- When it expires, or
- When your Japanese driver's license expires or is canceled.
For further information, please contact:
- Chiba Driver's License Center
- International Driving Permit Section at 043-274-2000
- Nagareyama Driver's License Center
- International Driving Permit Section at 04-7147-2000