|Reception Hours||Monday through Friday (except for public holidays and New Year holidays)
※There are no exams on Saturday and Sunday.
|Location of Reception||Reception No.10 on the 1st floor of Chiba Driver's License Center|
- Regular-Passenger-Car License: 2,550 yen
- Moped or Light-Special-Equipment License: 1,500 yen
- License for Large Vehicles,Mid-size Vehicles,or Semi-Mid-Size Vehicles: 4,100 yen
- License for Motorcycles or Other Types of Vehicles: 2,600 yen
- Issue Fee
- 2,050 yen
- Fee for Each Entry of Additional License Type
- 200 yen
*Besides the above-listed documents, you may need to submit additional document(s). We advise you to let us examine your documents before application.
For example, you need a driving experience certificate if you switch from a Korean drivier's license and a counterpart driving licence if you switch from a British driving licence.
Reception Hours for Document Examination Prior to Application
9:30 to 11:00 and 14:00 to 16:00
Monday through Friday except holidays
For more information, please contact:
Chiba Driver's License Center at
Examination Section (8:30 to 17:00, Monday through Friday except holidays)